Tuesday, November 29, 2011

switching homes.

After my first 4 months of being here, I am now switching homes in Denmark. In my next family I will have a mother, father, and brother living with me. I have not really met them yet so it is just like coming to my first family. My brother, Villads, went to New York last year on his exchange. It will be nice having someone who understands what you are going through and have been in the same life style you are used to. Hopefully I will be able to progress with my Danish. For a little bit I was learning a lot, but now I'm just getting tired of it. Hopefully I will get another energy burst to start learning again. On  Saturday I was assigned two hours to go to school and help sell goods to raise money for the school. Our table sold æbleskiver ( shown in the picture
below)
aebleskivers.jpg (308×207)
and glögg which is just hot wine with spices in it for flavor. The school was decorated for Christmas and it was very nice :). Also, taking orders from people was good for me to practice my Danish. I didn't always know what they were saying but for the most part I did fine. Today I will be going to Copenhagen ( I think) with my class to go to some theater and watch a film maybe? I'm not really informed all the time. haha. That's as much as I can update on now. When I get settled into my new home I'll tell you more. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment