Monday, December 26, 2011

update :)

Christmas is one of my favorite holidays to celebrate. So we could say celebrating it in a different country could be an experience :) For starters... no snow :( but that't ok because back in Chicago there wasn't any either. My favorite part about Denmark during Christmas is going to Copenhagen and listening to all the music people are playing on the street and just looking at the beautiful decorations! I was automatically happy when I was there :) As for my home there were no Christmas decorations or tree because they have a Jewish background. Although that was different it was cool to experience it like this. In Denmark they celebrate Christmas on the 24th. So for the 24th we went to my host dad's sister's home. She had a Christmas tree and decorations up. On the tree there were no lights, there were candles that we lit. After we lit them we walked around the tree holding hands singing Danish Christmas songs.  On the 25th we had a Hanukkah dinner at our home. We played games and ate together :)  and  Other updates I have are I have started a track and field club in Copenhagen. It's very hard considering I've been doing nothing for months ;) It is nice doing some exercise. Hopefully it will keep me from gaining the exchange student weight! :) It's been almost one month since I've been in my new home! Wow, time is flying :) Only 5 months to go! My new years resolution? Only speaking danish, and have the best time possible here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment