Sunday, February 12, 2012

updates....

Saturday I took the ACT in Sweden. And for those of you who don't know what the ACT is, it is basically a test you must take to apply for colleges in the United States.  It was difficult, and not what I expected. There were only 4 others taking the test with me. Not many people know about the test. The night before the test I had a school party. It was superhero themed. Many did not dress up for it. I just wore cat ears and all black- cat women. Original right?


Track (atletik) is going great. I am improving everyday. I am very happy I joined it, still hoping for no more weight gain ;).  In Denmark it is starting to feel like winter... even though its February. There is finally snow on the ground and it looks so beautiful! Although snow is wonderful, it is a little strange riding my bike in it. I don't think I would ever think of riding my bike if there was snow on the ground, but it's necessary! I don't know if its getting darker later, or if I am just becoming used to the limited sunlight hours.
 The lack of daylight was a change I really had to get used to.
A cool thing I have done in Denmark is go to Christiania. For information of it you can look here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freetown_Christiania It is a very controversial thing in Denmark, some love it some hate it. When I went it was like walking into a new world the atmosphere was so unexpected. They have beautiful graffiti on the buildings, and little shops set up everywhere. Even though I hoped I could, there was no picture taking allowed, which was a bummer. It was a great experience.  



 In past few months I have became really good friends with an exchange student Tara. She's from Vermont, and lives around 30 min away from me in Denmark. Its nice having such a good friend to help you with everything.  
And here is just a picture I really like from my friend Mette's 18th birthday party :)


No comments:

Post a Comment